* Looking for Ada Coding Standard from GSFC
@ 2015-08-06  9:29 Markus Schöpflin
From: Markus Schöpflin @ 2015-08-06  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Ada Programming Wiki book refers to a number of coding guidelines (see
https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=Ada_Programming/Coding_standards&stable=0#Coding_guidelines).

Most of the links have been dead, but I could find working links for both the
mentioned ISO standard and the ESA standard.

The GSFC Ada coding standard (Stephen Leake, NASA Flight Software Branch — Ada
Coding Standard) seems only to be available at
https://web.archive.org/web/20100527142102/http://software.gsfc.nasa.gov/AssetsApproved/PA2.4.1.1.1.pdf.
Does anyone still have an official link to which I can point the Wiki? Is this
document hosted anywhere else?

TIA,
Markus

* Re: Looking for Ada Coding Standard from GSFC
@ 2015-08-06 14:44 ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2015-08-06 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/06/2015 02:29 AM, Markus Schöpflin wrote:

> The GSFC Ada coding standard (Stephen Leake, NASA Flight Software Branch — Ada
> Coding Standard) seems only to be available at
> https://web.archive.org/web/20100527142102/http://software.gsfc.nasa.gov/AssetsApproved/PA2.4.1.1.1.pdf.
> Does anyone still have an official link to which I can point the Wiki? Is this
> document hosted anywhere else?

There is a similar standard at

https://gds.gsfc.nasa.gov/code_standards_ada.pdf

--
Jeff Carter
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

* Re: Looking for Ada Coding Standard from GSFC
@ 2015-08-06 15:14   ` Markus Schöpflin
From: Markus Schöpflin @ 2015-08-06 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.08.2015 um 16:44 schrieb Jeffrey R. Carter:
> On 08/06/2015 02:29 AM, Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>>
>> The GSFC Ada coding standard (Stephen Leake, NASA Flight Software Branch — Ada
>> Coding Standard) seems only to be available at
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20100527142102/http://software.gsfc.nasa.gov/AssetsApproved/PA2.4.1.1.1.pdf.
>> Does anyone still have an official link to which I can point the Wiki? Is this
>> document hosted anywhere else?
>
> There is a similar standard at
>
> https://gds.gsfc.nasa.gov/code_standards_ada.pdf

Thank you very much. The latter seems basically an updated and extended
version of the former, so I could point the Wiki book directly at this version.

@ 2015-08-07 13:57     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2015-08-07 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Markus Schöpflin <no.spam@spam.spam> writes:

> Am 06.08.2015 um 16:44 schrieb Jeffrey R. Carter:
>> On 08/06/2015 02:29 AM, Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>>>
>>> The GSFC Ada coding standard (Stephen Leake, NASA Flight Software Branch — Ada
>>> Coding Standard) seems only to be available at
>>> https://web.archive.org/web/20100527142102/http://software.gsfc.nasa.gov/AssetsApproved/PA2.4.1.1.1.pdf.
>>> Does anyone still have an official link to which I can point the Wiki? Is this
>>> document hosted anywhere else?
>>
>> There is a similar standard at
>>
>> https://gds.gsfc.nasa.gov/code_standards_ada.pdf
>
> Thank you very much. The latter seems basically an updated and
> extended version of the former,

Yes; that is the version the GDS team actively used (at least, while I
was there).

> so I could point the Wiki book directly at this version.

I've retired from NASA, and the GDS team may not be around much longer,
so this site may disappear as well.

I have the LaTeX source, if anyone is interested.

--
-- Stephe