* MQTT native Ada implementation
@ 2016-03-24 19:15 Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2016-03-24 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

The incoming version of Simple Components will provide a native (not
bindings) implementation of the MQTT 3.1.1 stack and on top of it a full
MQTT messages broker.

In order to test the implementation I would be thankful for MQTT test
use cases.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: MQTT native Ada implementation
@ 2016-03-26  8:03 ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2016-03-26  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great
Then i cold discontinue the bindings
	https://github.com/persan/mosquitto-ada
and pass them into oblivion.
Do you implement support for the TLS transport as well ?
/Per

@ 2016-03-26  9:05   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2016-03-26  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2016-03-26 09:03, Per Sandberg wrote:

> Do you implement support for the TLS transport as well ?

Yes. The implementation is driven by a connections server object. The
connections server may run several protocols simultaneously. The server
itself has a number of implementations, one of them is a secure server
that uses GNUTLS as the SSL/TLS layer. That should do it, I think.

MQTT with TLS must be quite slow with the QoS level 2, which deploys a
lot of small packets sent here and there. And in general, MQTT design is
not very exciting, but it was easy to implement, so I gave it a try.

--

@ 2016-03-28  7:35   ` Maciej Sobczak
From: Maciej Sobczak @ 2016-03-28  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Great

Yes.

> Then i cold discontinue the bindings
> 	https://github.com/persan/mosquitto-ada
> and pass them into oblivion.

No.

They have different licenses and this alone means that they have potentially different targets. Also, they have different underlying implementations, which means that they have potentially different sets of bugs and run-time parameters. There can be lots of reasons to use one variant over another.

Also, abandoned Ada libraries is a sign to the software community that Ada is giving up.

Also, competition is good. Why not compare them with some benchmark or something?

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.inspirel.com