From: Marin David Condic <nobody@noplace.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: Update to AdaGPGME and libgpg-error
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:33:08 GMT
Date: 2005-03-31T12:33:08+00:00	[thread overview]

Its important to cover these things because many people/companies have
concerns about license infection. They want to know that if they are
using your tools/utilities that this does not force upon them whatever
license you personally wanted to use. Being explicit about where your
software/rights ends and the other guy's begins is a good thing.

MDC

Simon Wright wrote:

> For example, see the header comment on bison.simple:
>
> /* As a special exception, when this file is copied by Bison into a
>    Bison output file, you may use that output file without restriction.
>    This special exception was added by the Free Software Foundation
>    in version 1.24 of Bison.  */
>
> I wrote the following for XSL stylesheets:
>
>      As a special exception, when portions of this file are copied by
>      a stylesheet processor into an output file, this file does not by
>      itself cause the resulting file to be covered by the GNU General
>      Public License.  This exception does not however invalidate any
>      other reasons why the output file might be covered by the GNU
>      Public License.
>
> which was intended as 'GMGPL for stylesheets'. I suspect I was going a
> bit further than really necessary ...

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jsf.mil/NSFrames.htm