From: McDoobie <nospam@nospam.com>
Subject: Using records properly.
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:09:24 GMT
Date: 2001-03-14T21:09:24+00:00	[thread overview]

So I have this record in my spec file that goes like this ...

type people_entries is record
        person_name : String( 1..80 );
        person_addr  : String( 1..80 );
        person_num  : String(  1..80 );
        person_mail  :  String( 1..80 );
end record;

Now, I know how to store the information in the record...

NewRec : people_entries;

NewRec := person_name(aName);

etc....

Now, would I use a "NewRec" for each field, or would I go something like...

NewRec := (aName, aAddr, aNum, aMail);

I'm a little fuzzy on this.
And how would I tag each record to make it unique, cause all the computer
is gonna see is "NewRec" and overwrite the last record for each new one
that is entered.

Thanks.

McDoobie

--