* design pattern
@ 2004-03-04  2:27 franz
From: franz @ 2004-03-04  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi developers!

Are you using design pattern? And do you want to help me with my
research project?
Ok � you only need two minutes � I made a little survey form (8 very
short questions).
There are no mail address or other personal data questioned�

Just point your browser to:
http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/krauth/pattern_survey/pattern_survey

if you are interested in the results send me an e-mail (mailto is
provided under the form!)

thx in advance for your help everyone!!
franz

* design pattern
@ 2004-03-08 22:59 franz
From: franz @ 2004-03-08 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

this is the last announcement - project ends in 2 weeks...
if you did not allready answer the questions take this one minute!!!

Hi developers!

Are you using design pattern? And do you want to help me with my
research project?
Ok � you only need two minutes � I made a little survey form (8 very
short questions).
There are no mail address or other personal data questioned�

Just point your browser to:
http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/krauth/pattern_survey/pattern_survey

if you are interested in the results send me an e-mail (mailto is
provided under the form!)

thx in advance for your help everyone!!
franz

* Re: design pattern
@ 2004-03-09  9:21 ` Dave
From: Dave @ 2004-03-09  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

If anyone else is bored with this message simply go along to the site
and fill in random stuff.

franz wrote:
> this is the last announcement - project ends in 2 weeks...
> if you did not allready answer the questions take this one minute!!!
>
> Hi developers!
>
> Are you using design pattern? And do you want to help me with my
> research project?
> Ok � you only need two minutes � I made a little survey form (8 very
> short questions).
> There are no mail address or other personal data questioned�
>
> Just point your browser to:
> http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/krauth/pattern_survey/pattern_survey
>
> if you are interested in the results send me an e-mail (mailto is
> provided under the form!)
>
> thx in advance for your help everyone!!
> franz

* Re: design pattern
@ 2004-03-09  9:56   ` Ruud de Koter
From: Ruud de Koter @ 2004-03-09  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Dave,

You consider this reasonable, mature, professional (etc) behaviour?

> If anyone else is bored with this message simply go along to the site
> and fill in random stuff.

Throw in some empathy. If you find that difficult, it might help to imagine
someone suggesting: "Next time 'Dave' posts a stupid question, give him a random
answer. Let 's see how long he 's busy figuring out it 's bull."

In short: you don't have to read the posts.

Ruud.
Ruud de Koter                    HP OpenView Software Business Unit
Senior Software Engineer         IT Service Management Operation
Telephone: +31 (20) 514 15 89    Van Diemenstraat 200
Telefax  : +31 (20) 514 15 90    PO Box 831
Telnet   : 547 - 1589            1000 AV  Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Email    : ruud_dekoter@hp.com

internet: http://www.openview.hp.com/products/servicedesk
intranet: http://ovweb.bbn.hp.com/itservicemanager

* Re: design pattern
@ 2004-03-09 10:19     ` Dave
From: Dave @ 2004-03-09 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do you consider spamming a newsgroup reasonable, mature, professional
(etc) behaviour?  And, more importantly, relevant to a computing course?

To answer your question - no.  I got out of the wrong side of bed this
morning, and at least four car drivers tried to take me out (I ride a
motorbike), so I'm a bit crotchety this morning.

Feel free to post random answers to my stupid questions.  Not a problem.
  By the way, you don't need a space betfore an apostrophe.

Dave.

Ruud de Koter wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> You consider this reasonable, mature, professional (etc) behaviour?
>
>>If anyone else is bored with this message simply go along to the site
>>and fill in random stuff.
>>

> Throw in some empathy. If you find that difficult, it might help to imagine
> someone suggesting: "Next time 'Dave' posts a stupid question, give him a random
> answer. Let 's see how long he 's busy figuring out it 's bull."
>
> In short: you don't have to read the posts.
>
> Ruud.

* Re: design pattern
@ 2004-03-09 10:26 ` AngleWyrm
From: AngleWyrm @ 2004-03-09 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

"franz" <krauth@franzk.de> wrote in message
> Ok - you only need two minutes - I made a little survey form (8 very
> short questions).

Wonder why those eight short questions aren't listed in that post.

> There are no mail address or other personal data questioned.
[...followed shortly by...]
> if you are interested in the results send me an e-mail
How's that for a non sequitur?

* Re: design pattern
@ 2004-03-09 16:42       ` Ruud de Koter
From: Ruud de Koter @ 2004-03-09 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Dave:

> Do you consider spamming a newsgroup reasonable, mature, professional
> (etc) behaviour?  And, more importantly, relevant to a computing course?
>
> To answer your question - no.  I got out of the wrong side of bed this
> morning, and at least four car drivers tried to take me out (I ride a
> motorbike), so I'm a bit crotchety this morning.
>
> Feel free to post random answers to my stupid questions.  Not a problem.
>   By the way, you don't need a space betfore an apostrophe.

Not a native speaker, this leaves me with a dilemma: was this a random answer? A
well, finally something harmless to lie awake on. Thanks.

Ruud.

@ 2004-03-10  0:50   ` franz
From: franz @ 2004-03-10  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi anglewyrm and others!!

no reason to make a big deal out of this... it's just a little
research project and it is over soon anyway...

why are the questions not posted? - come on... would you do it this
way? and then... copy and paste every single answer into a table? the
database (baseportal - check it out... nice project) provides me the
results in a table... and i can use tools to filter and sumarize the
data...

i'll make them public on the page as well - as soon as i finished the
project (and filtered out the ' random '  answers :))...

and thnx so much for your support Ruud !

"AngleWyrm" <no_spam_anglewyrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<HZg3c.527477$na.1265486@attbi_s04>...
> "franz" <krauth@franzk.de> wrote in message
> > Ok - you only need two minutes - I made a little survey form (8 very
> > short questions).
>
> Wonder why those eight short questions aren't listed in that post.
>
> > There are no mail address or other personal data questioned.
>  [...followed shortly by...]
> > if you are interested in the results send me an e-mail
> How's that for a non sequitur?

* Re: design pattern
@ 2004-03-10  8:23   ` Amiga-Nospam
From: Amiga-Nospam @ 2004-03-10  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave <recneps.w.divad@elcaro.moc> wrote in message news:<W9g3c.1$X%.27@news.oracle.com>...
> If anyone else is bored with this message simply go along to the site
> and fill in random stuff.

Or just report it as you would any other repeated spam.

* Re: design pattern
@ 2004-03-10 15:56     ` Noah Roberts
From: Noah Roberts @ 2004-03-10 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Amiga-Nospam wrote:
> Dave <recneps.w.divad@elcaro.moc> wrote in message news:<W9g3c.1$X%.27@news.oracle.com>...
>
>>If anyone else is bored with this message simply go along to the site
>>and fill in random stuff.
>

> Or just report it as you would any other repeated spam.

Have you guys even looked at the site in question?

"Research Project AIT Sydney 2004 Student # 427"

Not a single thing is being sold at that site.  The only link to
something that could be construed as being sold is the "Get your own Web
Database - for FREE!" in small print at the bottom of the page.  Like
the OP said, you are never asked for your email address.

Knee-jerk reactions aside, this does not appear to qualify as spam.

--
"I'm a war president.  I make decisions here in the Oval Office
  in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

* Re: design pattern
@ 2004-03-10 18:12       ` Robert I. Eachus
From: Robert I. Eachus @ 2004-03-10 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Noah Roberts wrote:

> Have you guys even looked at the site in question?
>
> "Research Project AIT Sydney 2004 Student # 427"
>
> Not a single thing is being sold at that site.  The only link to
> something that could be construed as being sold is the "Get your own Web
> Database - for FREE!" in small print at the bottom of the page.  Like
> the OP said, you are never asked for your email address.
>
> Knee-jerk reactions aside, this does not appear to qualify as spam.

Spam does not need to be selling something to be spam.  In fact, this
message by me comes close to being spam, since it is crossposted to five
Newsgroups.  I did however reset follow-ups to comp.lang.ada only, and
included my e-mail address as the reply to address.

--
                                           Robert I. Eachus

nothing." --Edmund Burke

* Re: design pattern
@ 2004-03-12 21:12       ` Amiga-Nospam
From: Amiga-Nospam @ 2004-03-12 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Noah Roberts <nroberts@dontemailme.com> wrote in message news:<YJCdnfDjN-sgpNLdRVn-uQ@scnresearch.com>...
> Amiga-Nospam wrote:
> > Dave <recneps.w.divad@elcaro.moc> wrote in message news:<W9g3c.1$X%.27@news.oracle.com>...
> >
> >>If anyone else is bored with this message simply go along to the site
> >>and fill in random stuff.
> >
> > Or just report it as you would any other repeated spam.
>
> Have you guys even looked at the site in question?
>
> "Research Project AIT Sydney 2004 Student # 427"

 No need to. The content of his site is no more relevant than the content
of his hard drive.

> Not a single thing is being sold at that site.  The only link to
> something that could be construed as being sold is the "Get your own Web
> Database - for FREE!" in small print at the bottom of the page.  Like
> the OP said, you are never asked for your email address.

 Irrelevant to the spam issue.

> Knee-jerk reactions aside, this does not appear to qualify as spam.

 Get a clue.