From: dennis@tfsg.UUCP (Dennis Gibbs)
Subject: Re: Ada and Unix Sockets
Date: 26 Nov 90 12:34:19 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <1873@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au>, bradley@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Bradley Schmerl) writes:

> 	I am writing a program in Ada which uses a blend of X events and socket
> communication with other ada programs. I am running into a problem doing this,
> because when a call is made to wait for a socket (or get the next X Event), the
> whole Ada program (only one Unix process) blocks, and so other tasks don't
> continue running. Is there any way of overcoming this problem, apart from using
> a busy loop to continually poll for events?
>
> Bradley.
> bradley@cs.adelaide.edu.au

Bradley,

Could you email me the replies you get to your posting to comp.lang.ada regarding
Ada and Unix Sockets?  We are experiencing the same exact problem (Ada tasks get
blocked while waiting for events) and I don't know yet how to solve this either!

Any replies you get that you could send me would be most appreciated...Meanwhile if
I uncover any solutions I'll send them your way....

Thanks!

Dennis Gibbs
TRW Systems Integration Group
(703) 802-1961
...uunet!tfsg!dennis

P.S. I tried email to you but it bounces.....