* Using ADA in pure DOS
@ 2000-01-19  0:00 elta
From: elta @ 2000-01-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are a group of Young Engineer, and we are using the object Ada for
windows bundle pack. Each Year, we are participing to the French
Robotic Contest E=M6 near Paris (ranked 5th/183 teams).
We wanted to use ADA because it is very simple to create task, and use
all the mecanism provided for embedded applications.
For now we use Object Ada for Windows with TNT, but it seems that Aonix
has not ship the TNT dos extender with the library TNTemul.dll (for
using it on 486Sx our target). Pharlap give us no response, so this
solution does not work right now.

Is there a solution for using ADA in pure DOS with multitasking
capabilities ? Our budget are very limited (no ETS with 5000$)

The contest is very close to us : 31 May to 4 June so any help would be
grantly appreciated.

Regards,

* Re: Using ADA in pure DOS
@ 2000-01-19  0:00 ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2000-01-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <089a47c5.84e1ded2@usw-ex0102-015.remarq.com>,
  elta <c.walterNOc.SPAM@essaim.univ-mulhouse.fr.invalid> wrote:
> We are a group of Young Engineer, and we are using the object Ada for
> windows bundle pack. Each Year, we are participing to the French
> Robotic Contest E=M6 near Paris (ranked 5th/183 teams).
> We wanted to use ADA because it is very simple to create task, and use
> all the mecanism provided for embedded applications.
> For now we use Object Ada for Windows with TNT, but it seems that Aonix
> has not ship the TNT dos extender with the library TNTemul.dll (for
> using it on 486Sx our target). Pharlap give us no response, so this
> solution does not work right now.

I got a call from the ObjectAda product manager on Friday.  He'd been
contacted by Phar Lap.  I explained what the issue is, and he was going
to be talking to Phar Lap again to try to get it resolved.  You should
try contacting someone at Phar Lap support again, or give it a few
days for them to work something out.

- Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Using ADA in pure DOS
@ 2000-01-19  0:00 ` Juergen Pfeifer
From: Juergen Pfeifer @ 2000-01-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try http://www.gnuada.org/dos.html.

"elta" <c.walterNOc.SPAM@essaim.univ-mulhouse.fr.invalid> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:089a47c5.84e1ded2@usw-ex0102-015.remarq.com...
> We are a group of Young Engineer, and we are using the object Ada for
> windows bundle pack. Each Year, we are participing to the French
> Robotic Contest E=M6 near Paris (ranked 5th/183 teams).
> We wanted to use ADA because it is very simple to create task, and use
> all the mecanism provided for embedded applications.
> For now we use Object Ada for Windows with TNT, but it seems that Aonix
> has not ship the TNT dos extender with the library TNTemul.dll (for
> using it on 486Sx our target). Pharlap give us no response, so this
> solution does not work right now.
>
> Is there a solution for using ADA in pure DOS with multitasking
> capabilities ? Our budget are very limited (no ETS with 5000$)
>
> The contest is very close to us : 31 May to 4 June so any help would be
> grantly appreciated.
>
> Regards,

*

* Re: Using ADA in pure DOS
@ 2000-01-19  0:00   ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2000-01-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Try http://www.gnuada.org/dos.html.

Does GNAT/DOS really fit for multitasking (a question for gnatlist) ?
I feel that a bridge to DR-DOS' multitasker (http://www.lineo.com/products/drdos.html)
or so would be necessary...
Iirc there are small problems on chips without FPU...

BTW we could synchronize with the other 'GNAT for DOS page'...
  http://members.xoom.com/gnatlist/dos.htm :-)

Take a look at Janus/Ada...  http://www.rrsoftware.com/

--
Gautier

_____\\________________\_______\
http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/

* Re: Using ADA in pure DOS
@ 2000-01-19  0:00   ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2000-01-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juergen Pfeifer <juergenpf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Try http://www.gnuada.org/dos.html.

My understanding is that gnat-3.12 for DOS still doesn't do tasking.

3.11 does do tasking, and is available at
ftp://ada95.com/pub/gnat_for_dos/3.11/

* Re: Using ADA in pure DOS
@ 2000-01-20  0:00   ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2000-01-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juergen Pfeifer <juergenpf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Try http://www.gnuada.org/dos.html.

I don't believe gnat-3.12 for DOS supports tasking, but 3.11 does.
GNAT-3.11 for DOS is available at ftp://ftp.ada95.com/pub/gnat_for_dos/3.11