* Re: Dos graphics package
@ 1997-05-21  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1997-05-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I posted an Ada 83 package for VESA SVGA graphics on RR's BBS and on
Compuserve.  On CIS search for "TGAVESA", as I recall (it's posted under
the moderator's name).

* Dos graphics package
@ 1997-05-21  0:00 Henrik Karlsson
From: Henrik Karlsson @ 1997-05-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been looking for a Ada package that could draw SVGA graphics on
a PC. I have not found anything (looked on www.adahome.com, searched with
altavista etc). But i ahve found a C libarary (Allegro) that seems preatty
good. Does it exist an Ada binding (thick or thin) to Allegro?

--
//Henrik Karlsson

* Re: Dos graphics package
@ 1997-05-24  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1997-05-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5m00s1$p3g$1@nyheter.chalmers.se> z95kahe@mtek.chalmers.se writes:

>I have been looking for a Ada package that could draw SVGA graphics on
>a PC. I have not found anything (looked on www.adahome.com, searched with
>altavista etc). But i ahve found a C libarary (Allegro) that seems preatty
>good. Does it exist an Ada binding (thick or thin) to Allegro?

If you are looking for just VGA for use with GNAT/DOS, EZ2LOAD comes with
such a package. I also wrote an experimental SVGA package for it, check
my homepage www.pi.net/~dijklibo.

As far as a binding to allegro is concerned, I did some work on this, but
getting this working is not very easy, as there is a lot of low level stuff
to take into account.

I have also been working on a VESA 2.0 (prot.mode) SVGA package, after
getting VESA to give me access to the full spec, however, I'm not sure
there is sufficient interest in DOS left to publish it.

--

-- Jerry van Dijk       | Leiden, Holland
-- Consultant           | Team Ada