From: "Pascal Obry" <p.obry@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: ANNOUNCE- AWS - Ada Web Server (v0.3)
Date: 2000/01/18
Date: 2000-01-18T22:52:30+00:00	[thread overview]

This is to announce that there is a new version of my AWS
package on my homepage. This is certainly the first usable
version.

What's new:
- connection through proxy
- authentification through proxy
- Basic authentification supported (base64 algorithm)
- binary data supported for HTTP/1.0 clients
  (like Netcape 4.6 browsers)
- implement If-Modified-Since
- almost clean scheme to close the connection on a HTTP/1.1
  persistent connection.
- chunked protocol implemented

What's needed to build:
- a POSIX binding (see my homepage for a Win32 implementation,
  look for Florist if you are under UNIX).
- an Ada95 compiler
- a socket binding (If you are under UNIX you'll have to slightly change
  AWS as the Win32 Sockets binding is a bit different)

BTW, I've been really surprised to found out that the Web "Basic"
authentification is not at all secure. This is just a base64 encoded
"user:pws" string! Use a base64 decoder (10 lines of Ada see AWS
sources) and you get both the user name and the password :)

Enjoy,
Pascal.

--| http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pascal_obry
--|