From: emery@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA (Hazel)
Subject: Re: Getting the integer part of a real
Date: Wed, 12-Nov-86 08:34:32 EST	[thread overview]
Date: Wed Nov 12 08:34:32 1986

Oops, you got me!  OK, first check if the number is positive or negative, and
do the 'correct' thing.  Obviously, I hadn't thought it all through when
I posted that.  The context of our discussion (at Siemens) on that was
1.  realizing what the language said, and
2.  coming up with a strategy to get the integer part that didn't depend on
    underlying implementation.
"The details are left to the reader"  (Meaning, I'm too lazy to work them
out.

Thanks, Ken.

				Dave Emery