From: LARMSTRONG%rca.com@RELAY.CS.NET ("LEN ARMSTRONG ", SYSTEMS LAB)
Subject: Need to see certain data inside a task type.
Date: Mon, 13-Oct-86 10:09:00 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Mon Oct 13 10:09:00 1986

OK, I need some help -- anyone wanna' volunteer?

I have a construct similar to the following:

package P is
   task type T is
      entry E1; -- Entries are really unimportant for this example.
      entry E2;
   end T;
   type TR (PARAM_FIELD : <SOME_TYPE>) is
      record
         TASK_FIELD : T;
      end record;
   XX : TR(<SOME_CONSTANT_VALUE_OF_<SOME_TYPE>>)
end P;

However, my problem comes in when I am in the body of the task type T.  I
need to access inside XX.TASK_FIELD the value held by XX.PARAM_FIELD.  Does
anyone know of anyway I can do this?  For some reason, I feel my chances of
being allowed to do it are very slim.

I would really like to be able to keep the lexical structure I am currently
using (as defined above) but other solutions are welcome also.

Thanks,
Len

LArmstrong%Henry@RCA.Com