From: Ed Falis <falis@ma.aonix.com>
Subject: Re: New to Ada need some help
Date: 2000/01/18
Date: 2000-01-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3883B6A7.60931458@home.com>,
  Deadmeat <njmurphy@home.com> wrote:
> Hi, I've a class in programming languages.  The Prof. wants us to use
> Ada to demonstrate some things, like the ambiguity of the IF THEN IF
> ELSE ENDIF statement.  I have down loaded Object Ada 7.1 from Aonix.  It
> seems way cool but it doesn't have the help setup to make it easy to
> find language components.  I have experience with C and all the C IDEs
> that I have used would let you look up commands with the help.  For
> example in C I can do a search in help for strstr and come up with an
> explanation of the function and an example.  I can't seem to find this
> anywhere in the help with object ada or on line.  I had to trace through
> the BNF to find out that the else if clause is elsif, what a pain.  I
> have found a function Is_In but it takes a character set as an
> argument.  I have been unable to locate how to define a character set.
> Could someone point me in the right direction so that my life will be a
> little easier.  TIA

Try firing up the IDE, select the Help menu, Contents submenu, then
select "Ada 95 Programming".  That should give you access to the Ada
Reference Manual, where these kinds of answers live.  If you still have a
problem, drop me a line privately.

- Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.