* interpolation polynomial
@ 2005-09-17 20:22 adaman
From: adaman @ 2005-09-17 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Where can i found an ada implementation of interpolation polynomial
algorithms (lagrange, newton, spline ...)? A class "polynomial" is may
be the must. Moreover i search a comparison between this differents
algorithms in order to know which is the fastest.

thanks

* Re: interpolation polynomial
@ 2005-09-17 21:43 ` Dan Nagle
From: Dan Nagle @ 2005-09-17 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

adaman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Where can i found an ada implementation of interpolation polynomial
> algorithms (lagrange, newton, spline ...)? A class "polynomial" is may
> be the must. Moreover i search a comparison between this differents
> algorithms in order to know which is the fastest.
>
> thanks

You might want to post this to sci.math.num-analysis

--
Cheers!

Dan Nagle
Purple Sage Computing Solutions, Inc.

* Re: interpolation polynomial
@ 2005-09-18  9:10 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2005-09-18  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 Sep 2005 13:22:26 -0700, adaman wrote:

> Where can i found an ada implementation of interpolation polynomial
> algorithms (lagrange, newton, spline ...)?

That depends on which method you need. Note that all methods have their
application areas, advantages and disadvantages.

> A class "polynomial" is may be the must.

Well, who is interested in numerical methods these days? (:-))

> Moreover i search a comparison between this differents
> algorithms in order to know which is the fastest.

As always, it depends. Though usually Chebyshev's polynomials should be
first to check. I'd recommend any good book on numerical methods.
Especially for approximations, the fundamental work I still enjoy is:

"Mathematical functions and their approximations" by Yudell L. Luke.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov