From: UKC340@UKCC.BITNET
Subject: BITNET mail follows
Date: Mon, 22-Sep-86 17:33:00 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Mon Sep 22 17:33:00 1986

HELO UKCC.BITNET
VERB ON
TICK 0001
MAIL FROM:<UKC340@UKCC.BITNET>
RCPT TO:<ARPAINFO-ADA@ARPAUSC-ECLB.ARPA>
DATA
Date:      22 Sep 86 16:30 EST
From:      UKC340@UKCC.BITNET
To:        ARPAINFO-ADA@ARPAUSC_ECLB.ARPA
Subject:   Task question

I have a question about the following ADA program:

with text_io; use text_io;
procedure tasks is

task horizontal;

task vertical;

task body vertical is
begin
    loop
        put_line("vertical");
    end loop;
end vertical;

task body horizontal is
begin
    loop
        put_line("horizontal");
    end loop;
end horizontal;

begin
    null;
end tasks;

according to the ADA reference it states that a task is to run on its
own logical cpu which to me means that the output from the above program
would be something like a few lines of "horizontal" followed by a few
lines of "vertical" followed by a few lines of "horizontal", etc.
instead all i get is "horizontal" printed over and over again.  Am
i misinterpreting what the reference is saying?  does anyone
actually get the output to alternate between vertical and horizontal?