From: czaplick@NADC.ARPA
Subject: Embeded System Testbeds
Date: Tue, 19-Aug-86 11:23:38 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Tue Aug 19 11:23:38 1986

	I'm responding to your request for samples of real-time embedded
computer systems for Ada test bed implementation. Over the last few
years we have been developing benchmark experiments which involve the
requirements, design, and development using Ada. Most notable among
these is the development of the Light Airborn Multi-Purpose System (LAMPS)
Avionics Operational Program simulation using Ada. Another is the
implementation of a Multi-Sensor correlation and tracking system. Both
developments were designed using the structured design methodology of
E. Yourdon and L. Constantine aided by an in-house developed Program
Design Language. These programs were originally implemented using the
Telesoft Ada compiler on a Vax 11/780 computer. These programs are
being enhanced and combined to be a beta test to evaluate the Navys
Ada/M(44) Pilot System. The beta test will be performed by implementing
these real-time application systems as a test bed by using the Ada/M(44)
pilot system and the evaluating the performance of the system.
  There are requirements,design and test documentation for these systems
and I'm sure we could make these available to the SEI for your purposes.
If you're interested contact:

	Conrad S Czaplicki		Tel: 215-441-3145
	Advanced Software Technology	Arpa: czaplick@nadc
	Naval Air Development Center