From: harbaughs@eglin-vax.UUCP
Subject: Reply to Jerry's Export Control Memo
Date: Fri, 11-Jul-86 16:08:00 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Fri Jul 11 16:08:00 1986

Jerry,
    Read Gargaro's article again and note "- Department of Commerce
Commodity Control List under the Amendments to Export Controls on Software
and Electronics Computers [Federal Register/ Vol. 50, No 81/85-04-26."
    Export Controls don't seem to have anything to do with DoD security.
A friend of mine with a small business had to buy a shredder for export
control documents which were unclassified. The rule seemed to be that
when he was done with the documents he had to shred them.
     We need some sound legal advice on this subject with regard to Ada.
I worry about Rick Conn et al shipping Ada Repository source code and
documentation out of the country. I would hate to see anyone in the Ada
community get prosecuted due to their zeal to help fellow professionals.
     It seems to me that AJPO should secure a lawyer to prepare a
"Export Controls Interpretation for Ada" white paper for the Ada
community.
regards, sam harbaugh
------