From: drm1@vrdxhq.UUCP (Donn Milton)
Subject: Re: Procedure Parameters in Ada
Date: Mon, 9-Jun-86 12:39:23 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Mon Jun  9 12:39:23 1986

	>Ie. for the recursion above, couldn't something like
	>
	>	type procIrec = procedure ( integer i; procIrec p ) ;
	>
	>be permissible, and also stop the expansion of the type indefinitely?
	>And, more importantly, be distinct from
	>
	>	type otherprocIrec = procedure ( integer i; procIrec p ) ;
	>
	>which is structurally, but not name, equivalent.
	>
	>?
	>
	>
	>Andy "Krazy" Glew. Gould CSD-Urbana.

I have discussed constructs like this with some people, and can't find
any real holes in the idea.  I would certainly like to see this concept
considered for Ada '88.  Unfortunately, at that point, the impact that
such an addition would have on mature Ada compilers will have to be
a major consideration.

Donn Milton