From: GBOOCH@USC-ISIF.ARPA (Grady Booch)
Subject: the size of an ada unit
Date: Fri, 28-Mar-86 12:40:22 EST	[thread overview]
Date: Fri Mar 28 12:40:22 1986

Some time ago, there was net traffic that weighed the merits of judging
the size of an ada program by counting actual lines of code versus
the number of semicolons. I recently gathered these statistics on
some software I've written, and came up with the following statistics:

number of units: 892
loc:           : 123584
semis          : 60547

this works out to be 2.04 lines of code per semicolon. Has anyone
else analyzed a substantial amount of software? I'm interested in
seeing if this ratio holds across different application domains, or
if it is just a reflection of my personal coding style.

egb
-------