* GNAT on OpenDOS ?
@ 1997-04-05  0:00 Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1997-04-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone as yet tried to get GNAT/DOS running on top of OpenDOS, using
its native API's ?

Note: OpenDOS v7.01 (formerly DR-DOS) is a DOS free for home/educational
use that includes multi-user, multi-tasking and network facilities.
It is promised that a) full source code will soon be released and b) the
API's integrated within DJGPP.

--

-- Jerry van Dijk       | Haarlem, Holland
-- Business Consultant  | Team Ada

* Re: GNAT on OpenDOS ?
@ 1997-04-07  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1997-04-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk) writes:
> Has anyone as yet tried to get GNAT/DOS running on top of OpenDOS, using
> its native API's ?

N.B.: OpenDOS v.7.01's DPMI hangs with DJGPP programs.
I have to disable it to use GNAT. So, no multitasking mode etc. ...

Read http://null.musc.edu/opendos/index.html#djgpp

G.

* Re: GNAT on OpenDOS ?
@ 1997-04-09  0:00   ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1997-04-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Has anyone as yet tried to get GNAT/DOS running on top of OpenDOS, using
>> its native API's ?
>
>N.B.: OpenDOS v.7.01's DPMI hangs with DJGPP programs.
>I have to disable it to use GNAT. So, no multitasking mode etc. ...

Tell me about it... sigh.

Let's hope the problems are solved if and when they upgrade DPMI to
1.0.