* GNAT and Pthreads
@ 1996-08-26  0:00 Werner Wex
From: Werner Wex @ 1996-08-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: wwex

Hi everybody

I'm trying to use GNAT 3.03 on a Pentium running Linux (Kernel 2.0.0).
There is a library called libpthreads used in the GNAT Runtime, I
think to support tasking.
The problem is that this library is not included in my version of Linux.

There is some source code in the GNAT directory under the 'threads'
directiory, but this code does not compile and it seemd to be written
for
SUNOS only.

I also tried to download a package called 'libpthread' from the
sunsite.unc.edu-LINUX.archive. This library (in ELF Format) does create
executables. But this executables keep crashing in the body elaboration
of the tasking initalisation with a segementation fault.

Does anybody out there know where to get a correct working libpthreads
for use with GNAT 3.03 or where to find the sources to compile such a
library

Thanks

Werner

Schleifring & Apparatebau               Werner Wex
Am Hardtanger 10                        Phone:      +49 8141 403259
D-82256 Fuerstenfeldbruck               FAX:        +49 8141 403275
Germany                                 Email:      wwex@saf-ffb.de

* Re: GNAT and Pthreads
@ 1996-09-02  0:00 ` Greg Baker
From: Greg Baker @ 1996-09-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Werner Wex <wwex@saf-ffb.de> writes:
> Hi everybody
>
> I'm trying to use GNAT 3.03 on a Pentium running Linux (Kernel 2.0.0).
> There is a library called libpthreads used in the GNAT Runtime, I
> think to support tasking.
> The problem is that this library is not included in my version of Linux.

I downloaded a binary GNAT 3.05,  which came with
libpthreads.so.1.60.4.  If nobody else can help,  I'll mail it to you,
or arrange some other way for you to get it.

--
Gregory D. Baker        gbaker@rp.csiro.au         CSIRO Radiophysics
   - predictions of the future - quantum computers - silly poetry  -