From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: emacs compliation error (ada mode)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:21:00 -0500
Date: 2015-06-17T12:21:00-05:00	[thread overview]

pincerfae@gmail.com writes:

> I'm running ada mode 5.18.

I think you mean "5.1.8"

> well, since the file is in a location I can locate, maybe I'd be
> better just running the program directly, though it defeats the
> purpose of building it in emacs.
>
> I wasn't aware I needed to use keystrokes when there's a menu that can
> be used.

In emacs, "keystrokes" can also mean "menu"; picking a menu entry sends
a key event to the editor. So, what menu entry are you using?

In addition, there are usually keystroke equivalents to menus; once you
get used to them, the keys are faster.

C-c M-r is bound to ada-build-run, which is also bound to the menu entry
Ada | Build | Run.

>> If it's ada-mode 5.x, C-c M-r, then you can change
>> the variable ada-build-run-cmd in your .emacs:
>>
>> (setq ada-build-run-cmd "${main}")
>>
>> Then restart emacs and try again.

Did you try this?

--