From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: Probably no great leap forward?
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 02:54:59 -0600
Date: 2014-02-08T02:54:59-06:00	[thread overview]

Mike H <postmaster@ada-augusta.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I have a small utility that I use every day for checking my wife's
> Sudoku solutions. It is written in Ada and currently launched from the
> PC command line. The old XP machine is about to be replaced by Windows
> 8. So perhaps this is the time to wrap it in something that will allow
> me to launch from the desk top.

That's what Windows shortcuts do.

I have not used Windows 8, but I understand it has a "classic" mode that
has a Desktop similar to Windows 7. In there, right click on the
desktop, select New | Shortcut, follow the wizard.

If you need options on the command line: after the wizard completes,
right click on the shortcut, select Properties, and edit the "Target"
field to add the options.

There's probably a similar process to create a tile in the Metro
interface.

--
-- Stephe