From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: USB Missile launcher
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 17:08:02 -0500
Date: 2014-11-01T17:08:02-05:00	[thread overview]

kadrickhenderson008@yahoo.com writes:

> I have a group project for a senior course at my University. We were
> assigned to choose a language and create something meaningful. The
> language we chose was Ada. Ada was a language developed for the
> Department of Defense, so we felt it would be nice to program a USB
> missile launcher: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8a0f/ using Ada.
> Can anyone guide me through the necessary steps to achieve this. We
> have the hex codes to send to the device. The device connects to the
> pc via USB. I have done some research and found that there is a
> library for serial port communication but have yet to find one for
> usb. Any advice would be helpful.

I would start by reading the software that comes with it. If you're
lucky, it has some simply calls you can create Ada bindings for, and
write your code on top of that.

Unless the requirement is to not use purchased code for your project,
which would make sense.

Even then, reading the purchased code will tell you a lot about how it
works, and what you need the Ada to do.

If you don't have access to the source, ask for it (it can't hurt).

--
-- Stephe