From: "James S. Rogers" <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: parsing a string
Date: 2000/01/15
Date: 2000-01-15T16:09:27+00:00	[thread overview]

Paolo M. Pumilia wrote in message <388095E5.6BF46237@cstc.org>...
>I am rather new to Ada programming.  A hint would be useful to  quickly
>translate a procedure
>that i am used to use in fortran programs.
>How to split a string (or unbounded string) into a character array,
>using blanks as separators?

There are a lot of ways to do this.  The easiest is to use the package
Ada.Strings.Fixed. For this question you will want to use the
Index function. It will return the index of the first occurance of the
pattern you want to find.

Simply use string slices after that, repeatedly passing the slices
to the Index function, to parse through the entire original string.

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado