* [Ann] Ada Database Objects 0.4.0 is available
@ 2013-02-10 21:52 Stephane Carrez
From: Stephane Carrez @ 2013-02-10 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

The Ada Database Objects is an Object Relational Mapping for the Ada05 programming language.
It allows to map database objects into Ada records and access databases easily.
Most of the concepts developed for ADO come from the Java Hibernate (http://www.hibernate.org/) ORM.
ADO supports MySQL and SQLite databases.

The new version brings:
* Support to reload query definitions,
* It optimizes session factory implementation,
* It allows to customize the MySQL database connection by using MySQL SET

This version can be downloaded at http://code.google.com/p/ada-ado/downloads/list

Enjoy,

Stephane

* Re: [Ann] Ada Database Objects 0.4.0 is available
@ 2013-02-11  5:40 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2013-02-11  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any Plans on Firebird?

* Re: [Ann] Ada Database Objects 0.4.0 is available
@ 2013-02-11  6:56 ` Thomas Løcke
From: Thomas Løcke @ 2013-02-11  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/10/2013 10:52 PM, Stephane Carrez wrote:

> ADO supports MySQL and SQLite databases.

Any plans for PostgreSQL?

:o)

--
Thomas L�cke | thomas@12boo.net | http://12boo.net

* Re: [Ann] Ada Database Objects 0.4.0 is available
@ 2013-02-15 10:43 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2013-02-15 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephane Carrez <Stephane.Carrez@gmail.com> writes:

> The Ada Database Objects is an Object Relational Mapping for the Ada05
> programming language.

How does it compare to GNATColl, which has a library for this?

--
-- Stephe

* Re: [Ann] Ada Database Objects 0.4.0 is available
@ 2013-02-15 11:23   ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2013-02-15 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15.02.13 11:43, Stephen Leake wrote:
> Stephane Carrez <Stephane.Carrez@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The Ada Database Objects is an Object Relational Mapping for the Ada05
>> programming language.
>
> How does it compare to GNATColl, which has a library for this?

(I'm not the one to answer, but am pretty sure that Stephane Carrez's
implementation of several OSGi/Enterprise style components in Ada will
meet common expectations, and integrates existing Java knowledge with
any Ada project. Since many of the aforementioned concepts have been
through some iterations, they are in a field proven state, too.)

* Re: [Ann] Ada Database Objects 0.4.0 is available
@ 2013-02-16  8:25     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2013-02-16  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de> writes:

> On 15.02.13 11:43, Stephen Leake wrote:
>> Stephane Carrez <Stephane.Carrez@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> The Ada Database Objects is an Object Relational Mapping for the Ada05
>>> programming language.
>>
>> How does it compare to GNATColl, which has a library for this?
>
> (I'm not the one to answer, but am pretty sure that Stephane Carrez's
> implementation of several OSGi/Enterprise style components in Ada will
> meet common expectations,

There's an interesting concept!

I have no idea what "common expectations" would be for such things. I
guess you mean "similar to several other existing products", which I am
not at all familiar with.

> and integrates existing Java knowledge

Zero, in my case. I have written some small Java programs, including an
Android music player, but none deal with databases.

> with
> any Ada project. Since many of the aforementioned concepts have been
> through some iterations, they are in a field proven state, too.)

Pointers, please.

--
-- Stephe