* ADA sighting
@ 2000-01-11  0:00 David Starner
From: David Starner @ 2000-01-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

There's been a lot of discussion about Ada vs. ADA, so
I'd like to note that here at OSU, we have a course labeled
ADA Programming. The description starts "ADA-R control structures,
data structures ..."

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you wish to strive for peace of soul then believe;

* Re: ADA sighting
@ 2000-01-11  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-01-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <85fldg$9qe1@news.cis.okstate.edu>,
  dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org wrote:
> There's been a lot of discussion about Ada vs. ADA, so
> I'd like to note that here at OSU, we have a course labeled
> ADA Programming. The description starts "ADA-R control structures,
> data structures ..."

Ohio State? ;-)

I found a (rather long) link to it at:
http://home.okstate.edu/okstate/evp/registrar/coursecat.nsf/502fdbbfb33c
19e4862564e2007729d4/7b48e18e4b5d91c5862564ff00545750?OpenDocument

You'd think it might confuse people that all the textbooks say
"Ada". And what on earth is an "ADA-R control structure"?

I went to college out of state for a reason...

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: ADA sighting
@ 2000-01-11  0:00   ` Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 2000-01-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> writes:
> You'd think it might confuse people that all the textbooks say
> "Ada". And what on earth is an "ADA-R control structure"?

Perhaps the "-R" refers to a registered trademark (which, of course,
"Ada" hasn't been for several years).

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>

* Re: ADA sighting
@ 2000-01-11  0:00     ` Greg Martin
From: Greg Martin @ 2000-01-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11 Jan 2000 14:22:15 -0800, Keith Thompson <kst@cts.com> wrote:

>Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> writes:
>> You'd think it might confuse people that all the textbooks say
>> "Ada". And what on earth is an "ADA-R control structure"?
>
>Perhaps the "-R" refers to a registered trademark (which, of course,
>"Ada" hasn't been for several years).
>
>--
I'm new to Ada so prehaps this is ignorance speaking but, if the
language is named after Ada Lovelace, how can there be any confusion
on this issue?
Regards,
Greg Martin.

* Re: ADA sighting
@ 2000-01-12  0:00     ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-01-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <yecvh50jlk8.fsf@king.cts.com>,
  Keith Thompson <kst@cts.com> wrote:
> Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> writes:
> > You'd think it might confuse people that all the textbooks say
> > "Ada". And what on earth is an "ADA-R control structure"?
>
> Perhaps the "-R" refers to a registered trademark (which, of course,
> "Ada" hasn't been for several years).

...and "ADA" never was.