From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: emacs compliation error (ada mode)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:39:18 -0500
Date: 2015-06-16T15:39:18-05:00	[thread overview]

pincerfae@gmail.com writes:

> In trying out a 'hello world' tutorial, I keep getting an error message of this sort:
>
> Compilation started at Mon Jun 15 13:58:27
>
> ./hello_world
> '.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

This looks like an error message from the cmd shell. "./" is sh shell
syntax; it assumes "." is not in PATH.

What does M-: shell-file-name show? If it's something that ends in
"cmdproxy.exe", then you are running the cmd shell.

> Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Mon Jun 15 13:58:27
>

> the hello_world.exe program is there in the project folder. what am I missing?
>
> I'm using emacs 24.2 with ada mode on win7.

What version of ada-mode? (M-x ada-mode-version)

What keystrokes are you using to invoke this?

If it's ada-mode 5.x, C-c M-r, then you can change
the variable ada-build-run-cmd in your .emacs:

(setq ada-build-run-cmd "${main}")

Then restart emacs and try again.

You can also use this variable to specify command line args,
but Makefiles are better in the long run.

You can also override ada-build-run-cmd with run_cmd in an ada-mode
project file; see the Emacs help for this variable (it should be in the
info manual, but it's not).

I always run Emacs on Windows with either Cygwin bash or MSYS2 bash as
the shell.

--
-- Stephe