From: Greg Baker <gbaker@walleroo.rp.csiro.au>
Cc: deannelson@aol.com
Subject: Re: GNAT 68k cross on Linux?
Date: 1996/09/23
Date: 1996-09-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

deannelson@aol.com (DeanNelson) writes:
> Does GNAT have the ability to be setup as a cross compiler?
>
> I am thinking of a 68k cross compiler hosted on a linux box. Has anyone
> done this? Or is this a trivial activity that is listed on a FAQ
> somewhere?

I'm not overly sure,  but I would expect it to be fairly easy.
Install a cross-compiling gcc (this isn't hard),  and then install
GNAT over it.  Where you might come unstuck is compiling the Ada
runtime system on the host machine.

By the way,  I am wanting to port GNAT to NetBSD/68k,  so we should
keep in touch --- we're doing an almost identical task.

--
Greg Baker - -  http://www.matra.com.au/~gregb - - gbaker@matra.com.au
   - predictions of the future - quantum computers - silly poetry  -