* OpenToken 5.0a released
@ 2014-02-21 20:27 Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2014-02-21 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

OpenToken 5.0a is released; see
http://stephe-leake.org/ada/opentoken.html.

There are many bugs related to empty productions fixed in this version.

OpenToken can now accept bison-style input syntax, and generate
OpenToken Ada source for declaring the syntax and grammar, or Emacs lisp
source. The Emacs lisp source is used for the Ada and gpr grammars in
Emacs Ada mode 5.0

Happy parsing!

--
-- Stephe

* Re: OpenToken 5.0a released
@ 2014-02-24  4:05 ` AdaMagica
From: AdaMagica @ 2014-02-24  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 21, 2014 9:27:56 PM UTC+1, Stephen Leake wrote:
> OpenToken 5.0a is released; see
> http://stephe-leake.org/ada/opentoken.html

On browsing, I see that the 2012 version of the Ada lexer is missing, which was present 4.0b.

The difference is just the new keyword some. So you could simply replace ada_lexer.ad[s,b] in 5.0a by ada_lexer-2012.ad[s,b] from 4.0b.

Happy lexing!

* Re: OpenToken 5.0a released
@ 2014-02-25 14:09   ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2014-02-25 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

AdaMagica <christ-usch.grein@t-online.de> writes:

> On Friday, February 21, 2014 9:27:56 PM UTC+1, Stephen Leake wrote:
>> OpenToken 5.0a is released; see
>> http://stephe-leake.org/ada/opentoken.html
>
> On browsing, I see that the 2012 version of the Ada lexer is missing,
> which was present 4.0b.
>
> The difference is just the new keyword some.

Hmm.

My monotone CM shows no record of ever adding the keyword "some"; was
that a local addition by you?

I don't have a copy of the 4.0 tar.gz (I guess I should have kept one
somewhere).

In addition, the file makes no claim as to which version of Ada it is
for :).

I'll add it for next time.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: OpenToken 5.0a released
@ 2014-02-26  7:24     ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2014-02-26  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I looked on my machine and I have a copy of opentoken-4.0b.zip
If you want I can e-mail you a copy.

* Re: OpenToken 5.0a released
@ 2014-02-26  8:39 ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2014-02-26  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> OpenToken 5.0a is released; see
>
> http://stephe-leake.org/ada/opentoken.html.

Cool!
Are there examples ?
A quick guide ?
A comparison of the workflow between ayacc and opentoken would be nice as well.
Is there a .y/.l to the opentoken grammar format translator (I assume it would be a nice parser example :-) ) ?
_________________________
Gautier's Ada programming
http://sf.net/users/gdemont/

* Re: OpenToken 5.0a released
@ 2014-02-28  2:48   ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2014-02-28  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com writes:

>> OpenToken 5.0a is released; see
>>
>> http://stephe-leake.org/ada/opentoken.html.
>
> Cool!
> Are there examples ?

Yes, included in the tarball.

It would be good to mention that on the website.

> A quick guide ?

The web page has a small intro. There is a (somewhat dated) user guide,
referenced from the web page.

> A comparison of the workflow between ayacc and opentoken would be nice
>as well.

Yes, but I don't have time for it.

> Is there a .y/.l to the opentoken grammar format translator

No.

OpenToken was originally designed to be pure Ada code; no separate
grammar language.

I added a Bison style parser, that can generate Ada code, but without
actions. That Bison parser is _not_ implemented in OpenToken; it's quite
trivial.

I think the yacc code would be harder to parse, but probably still not
require OpenToken.

Ada, on the other hand, definitely requires OpenToken :).

--
-- Stephe