From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: GnatColl with Windows
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 03:33:25 -0600
Date: 2014-12-29T03:33:25-06:00	[thread overview]

Matt Borchers <mattborchers@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to do the same -- install GnatColl on Windows 7 64-bit. I
> followed your advice and installed MSYS. I was able to successfully
> run configure, but when I try to execute 'make' it pops up a dialog
> requesting me to insert a disk into a drive that I cannot identify:
> Title: "gcc.exe - No Disk"
> Body: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive
> \Device\Harddisk15\DR15."

Which gcc.exe is it finding? You want it to find the GNAT compiler, not
the MSYS gcc.

> Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone have a simple step-by-step
> walk-through to install GnatColl on Windows?

I installed it using the GNAT GPL distribution from libre.adacore.com,
using Cygwin to run configure and make, with the GNAT GPL Ada compiler
first in PATH.

Step-by-step here (first few steps):
http://stephe-leake.org/emacs/ada-mode/ada-mode.html#gpr_005fquery

(I guess I should mention Cygwin for Windows in that manual)

You could also try msys2
http://sourceforge.net/p/msys2/wiki/MSYS2%20installation/ ; I find that
to be better than the original msys. But in general I prefer Cygwin,
mostly because it has a more complete set of tools.

--
-- Stephe