* Object Ada+tnt+486 SX no copro
@ 2000-01-07  0:00 elta
From: elta @ 2000-01-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello,

i'm a young engineer. I tried to test an Ada program on a pc104 embedded
486 sx for a robotic application. But when the charger (tnt pharlap dos
extender) tried to load the program, it stop, and say 'unable to find
floating point emulator or tntemul.dll', the prog just work fine on
pure dos on 486dx.
Even a simple hello world don't work, so this is not due to Object Ada
compilator.

Have someone an idea ? or please tell me where to find the missing lib
tntemul.dll.
Any help would be grantly appreciated...

Walter cedric
mailto:c.walter@essaim.univ-mulhouse.fr

* Re: Object Ada+tnt+486 SX no copro
@ 2000-01-07  0:00 ` James S. Rogers
From: James S. Rogers @ 2000-01-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You need to run the Visual System Builder that comes with the Object Ada
Realtime Version. The Visual System Builder will take care of loading
kernel-related items such as floating point emulators, screen drivers,
mass storage drivers, etc.

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado

@ 2000-01-08  0:00 ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2000-01-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <112cf6a7.0329a8e8@usw-ex0102-010.remarq.com>,
  elta <c.walterNOc.SPAM@essaim.univ-mulhouse.fr.invalid> wrote:

> Have someone an idea ? or please tell me where to find the missing lib
> tntemul.dll.
> Any help would be grantly appreciated...
>
> Walter cedric

Walter,

The floating point emulator is not in the list of files we licensed to
redistribute from Phar Lap, probably through oversight more than anything
else.

I suggest you contact Phar Lap directly at www.pharlap.com Their tech support
email address should be on the web page; it's something like
tech-support@pharlap.com Explain the situation, and that the FP simulator is
not included in our distribution.  Theyll probably just send you a copy.

- Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Object Ada+tnt+486 SX no copro
@ 2000-01-08  0:00   ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2000-01-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <856gq1$7ti$1@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
  "James S. Rogers" <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> You need to run the Visual System Builder that comes with the Object Ada
> Realtime Version. The Visual System Builder will take care of loading
> kernel-related items such as floating point emulators, screen drivers,
> mass storage drivers, etc.

Actually, what he's using is the DOS Extender product from the OA Open
Pack, which is different from ETS that come with OA Realtime, so this
doesn't apply to this case.

@ 2000-01-08  0:00   ` elta
From: elta @ 2000-01-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok,

But i only have the Bundle pack wich is compose of openpack+Aow pro
7.1+ upgrade to 7.1.2. The tnt extender seems to be in it a free part
of openpack. But thanks you, i will have a look.

Regards,
Walter Cedric

* Re: Object Ada+tnt+486 SX no copro
@ 2000-01-08  0:00     ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2000-01-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <06284168.6fac712f@usw-ex0101-008.remarq.com>,
  elta <c.walterNOc.SPAM@essaim.univ-mulhouse.fr.invalid> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> But i only have the Bundle pack wich is compose of openpack+Aow pro
> 7.1+ upgrade to 7.1.2. The tnt extender seems to be in it a free part
> of openpack. But thanks you, i will have a look.

Yes, we licensed with Phar Lap to distribute certain parts of the DOS
 Extender package in that bundle.  In fact, when we hit 7.1, I had the list
of files expanded because the earlier releases were missing things I
thought were important.  There may have been an issue with the FP
simulator because it may be part of a higher priced bundle of the DOS
Extender itself.  But it doesn't hurt to ask them whether they can send a