From: ake.ragnar.dahlgren@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Probably no great leap forward?
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 00:38:10 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2014-02-08T00:38:10-08:00	[thread overview]

Den lördagen den 8:e februari 2014 kl. 00:15:32 UTC+1 skrev Mike H:
> I have a small utility that I use every day for checking my wife's
>
> Sudoku solutions. It is written in Ada and currently launched from the
>
> PC command line. The old XP machine is about to be replaced by Windows
>
> 8. So perhaps this is the time to wrap it in something that will allow
>
> me to launch from the desk top.
>

> Please, can someone point me in the right direction.
>
> --
>
> At the bottom of the application form where it says
>
> "sign here", I usually put "Virgo"
>
> Mike

Dear Mike,

I haven't used Windows 8 but what I can tell you is what I remember from Windows 7: In windows explorer it is possible to right click on an executable and then select "Create shortcut". This will create a "short cut"-file in the same directory as the executable. I would then place the "short cut"-file on the desktop, either by click-and-drag or copy-paste. It is then possible to double click on the "short cut"-file on the desktop and it will launch the application you wish.

Another thing I've found useful is that it is possible to right click on the "short cut"-file on the desktop and check the properties. Somewhere in the tabs there is a place where one can specify a key short cut, which means you can attach for example F11 to mean launching your application.

The above may not be applicable but that is what comes to my mind.

Best regards,
Åke Ragnar Dahlgren