* python scripting interface for gnat
@ 2015-05-09 14:22 RasikaSrinivasan
From: RasikaSrinivasan @ 2015-05-09 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Friends

I would like to take advantage of the python scripting within my app. I tried to build gnatcoll on my Win 8 system but was not successful. (Even though python is in the PATH, the configure always comes up with no python support).

Question:

- Is there an alternate binding to the python world?
- i think just extracting the python related sources from gnatcoll might be an option. anyone has attempted anything like that?

Thanks for pointers, srini

* Re: python scripting interface for gnat
@ 2015-05-10  1:57 ` David Botton
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: David Botton @ 2015-05-10  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> - Is there an alternate binding to the python world?

Depending on how much integration you want, you can take a look at how I bind Python as a template parser in Gnoga:

See
gnoga/src/gnoga-server-template_parser-python.adb

David Botton

* Re: python scripting interface for gnat
@ 2015-05-11  2:20 ` karsar
From: karsar @ 2015-05-11  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

You may use Python-C Interface (through CTypes, as an example) and Ada-C Interface. It doesn't require any additional external libraries from Python or Ada.
Something like http://www.inspirel.com/articles/Ada_Python_Binding.html, maybe.
I didn't find gnatcoll being very helpful.

Karen

@ 2015-05-11  2:30 ` RasikaSrinivasan
From: RasikaSrinivasan @ 2015-05-11  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks a bunch.

I wanted to exchange some variables by name. get a value as set in python primarily. I think I have enough here to get going. thanks again. srini

* Re: python scripting interface for gnat
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-05-12 13:34 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2015-05-12 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to build gnatcoll on my Win 8 system but was not successful.
> (Even though python is in the PATH, the configure always comes up with
> no python support).

Did you read config.log to see what the error is?

--
-- Stephe