* Help : GNAT Style checking
@ 1997-01-23  0:00 Craig R. Osborne (3X0)
From: Craig R. Osborne (3X0) @ 1997-01-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am currently modifying distributed systems annex to add active
replication. This involes modifying system packages e.g system.rpc

When I recompile it, I have to use the Gnat style checking flag -gnatg.
This produces a load of style errors, like badly alignment, no horizontal
tabs, bad comment line etc. It won't recompile without this flag, it
produces error something like "Cannot alter the predefined langauge files"

I was wondering if there is a program available that will tidy up my code
so that it will pass through the style checks, and actually allow me to
recompile it.

Can you please reply via E-mail,

Many Thanks in Advance
Craig Osborne

-----------------------------------
| Craig Osborne                   |
| Department of Computer Science  |
| University of York              |
| York, Y01 5DD                   |
| UK                              |
| E-mail : cro100@york.ac.uk      |
-----------------------------------

* Re: Help : GNAT Style checking
@ 1997-01-26  0:00 ` Rolf Ebert
From: Rolf Ebert @ 1997-01-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

cro100@minster.york.ac.uk (Craig R. Osborne (3X0)) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently modifying distributed systems annex to add active
> replication. This involes modifying system packages e.g system.rpc
>
> When I recompile it, I have to use the Gnat style checking flag -gnatg.
> This produces a load of style errors, like badly alignment, no horizontal
> tabs, bad comment line etc. It won't recompile without this flag, it
> produces error something like "Cannot alter the predefined langauge files"
>
> I was wondering if there is a program available that will tidy up my code
> so that it will pass through the style checks, and actually allow me to
> recompile it.
>
> Can you please reply via E-mail,
>
> Many Thanks in Advance
> Craig Osborne
>
> -----------------------------------
> | Craig Osborne                   |
> | Department of Computer Science  |
> | University of York              |
> | York, Y01 5DD                   |
> | UK                              |
> | E-mail : cro100@york.ac.uk      |
> -----------------------------------

Get the latest version of (X)Emacs and the emacs-ada-mode from
cs.nyu.edu.

Reindent the buffer with the default settings (C-x h C-c C-l). This
should get all indentation right, better save now  which replaces all
tabs with the corresponding number of blanks and deletes all trailing
blanks at the ends of lines.  Now you might try the undocumented
function (M-x ada-gnat-style) at your own risk.  It cleans comments (>=
2 blanks after --), places a blanks after all commas (`,') and between
text and a opening paranthesis.  This should give you a pretty file
ready for gcc -gnatg.

        Rolf
        ebert@waporo.muc.de