From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Number into String
Date: 2000/01/06
Date: 2000-01-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <852crn$umf$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  reason67@my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <851a0e$tp7$1@green.kreonet.re.kr>,
>   "Jeong, Lae Hyung" <lovelace@dreamwiz.com> wrote:
> >     I've found !!
> >
> >     S : String := Integer'Image(NUM);
>
> This thread is kinds fortunate for me to ask a question. I
often have
> the case where I need to put a number into a string of fixed
length.

So use the facilities in Text_IO!

Text_IO can output an integer in any width or base that you
like. If you want to convert leading blanks to zeroes, then
either

a) write a trivial routine to do this

b) use the features in the editing packages of annex G if
your compiler supports it (all versions of GNAT support
this annex).

Annex G allows full edited formatting. For example, you can
automatically format the integer 1234567 as

******$12,345.67

if that is what you want.

Your routines seem to be reinventing the wheel here :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.