From: "Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: gnat gps
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:06:10 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-07-15T09:06:10-07:00	[thread overview]

On 15 juil, 17:02, Peter Hermann <s...@spam.de> wrote:
> That is indeed a general problem of MS-Windows (and other OSes?)
Perhaps the underlying GUI library comes into trouble here as well

IMHO, a GUI framework should not allow this kind of things to
happened, which I only meet with applications builded with some
libraries (by the way and beside of one other project, I'm currently
working on GUI library for Windows XP, not portable, but for Windows
only and well suited to Windows).

I like GTK a lot, but it seems it works better on Debian or Ubuntu.
Portability is oftenly at the cost of something ;) (didn't it seems
obvious ?)

P.S. In the mean time, it is nice to have GTK on Windows, beceause it
allows to design GUI interfaces for Debian/Ubuntu on Windows, without
the need to switch all the time (but designing an application is one
thing, and using it is another).