From: Austin Obyrne <austin.obyrne@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Problem Cross - Posted fron  Sci Crypt Crypto Group
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 22:40:33 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2018-11-04T22:40:33-08:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 3:27:28 PM UTC, Simon Wright wrote:
> There doesn't appear to be any group "Sci Crypt Crypto".
>
> It's extraordinarily unlikely that you'd get a constraint error from
> I/O.
>
> The most likely reason is that you have an array in your code with
> bounds such as 1 .. 100_000 and your code is exceeding these bounds.
>
> But the chance of anyone here being able to help you find out where is
> also on the low side, since you haven't posted any code (note, I'm not
> inviting you to, since the last time I tried to help you you completely
> ignored my suggestions).
>
> You would almost certainly gain from using an up-to-date compiler
> (https://www.adacore.com/community).
>
> Even if you won't do that, try compiling with appropriate options:
> "gnatmake -g -O0 your_program.adb" will probably give you the line
> number where the CE is happening.
Hi again Simon,

Having thought it through again for the umpteenth time I realise now that my problem is to do with integer overflow i.e. integers greater than 2^31.  I am using 32-bit computer architecture.

I do apologise if it seems I have a churlish disregard for the valuabloe help you gave me in the past but in truth it was beyond my ambitions to apply it.  My interest in Ada is solely in producing a single strong cipher called ASLEC that is vector based. I have done that now.  I do admire the language greatly but as an end in itself but to study it would be an extra string to my bow that I might never use.

May I thank you once more for your responsible attitude to my posted question.

Austin O'Byrne