From: VaughanW@HI-MULTICS.ARPA
Subject: Re: Ada Professionalism Document
Date: Sun, 1-Dec-85 21:04:00 EST	[thread overview]
Date: Sun Dec  1 21:04:00 1985

I think it's downright awful that the spectre of protectionism has
finally arrived at SIGAda.  Of course, it might have been expected,
since Ada is a Government (with a VERY BIG G) project.

From the list of topics, it seems you intend to nominate yourselves as
an Establishment, with rights to (a) prevent others from entering the
clique, and (b) prescribe the Proper Way To Do Ada Programming.

I would find this silly, but I fear that with the Government behind you,
you may well be able to achieve this atrocity.

I sincerely hope you fail.

                                        Bill Vaughan