From: lazear@MITRE.ARPA (Walt Lazear)
Subject: Procedures as arguments
Date: Tue, 22-Oct-85 10:04:26 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Tue Oct 22 10:04:26 1985

This may seem a naive question, since at first look it seems impossible:
can I (in Ada) pass the name (address) of a procedure to another procedure
to be executed by that called procedure?  My goal is to have a general
procedure that will call the supplied procedure until certain well-defined
conditions occur, then return to the original caller.  It is trivial to do
in C, but I cannot find anything comparable in Ada.  Thanks for any help.

	Walt (Lazear at MITRE.ARPA)