From: moti.ben-ari@weizmann.ac.il
Subject: Re: Text editor
Date: 2000/01/04
Date: 2000-01-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <Oz3c4.5693$Tf2.340697@news4.usenetserver.com>,
  "David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote:
> I believe Martin uses the Win32 Rich Text control and would not fit his
> needs, ie. to be portable to the DOS console I/O package.

I don't actually need to be portable with DOS itself,
though I would prefer working within a windows console
to keep things simple.

The two editors that have been suggested - TIA
is apparently too Linux dependent and ASSET
seems to be much too heavy and system dependent.

I'll look into AdaGide, but I'm afraid that will also be overkill.

As for translating an existing editor:
I have my own editors which are exactly what I need.
They are written in Pascal and C,
but I was trying to be lazy and avoid the
translation :-)

Moti

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.