From: Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com>
Subject: Re: Controlled types in local generics?
Date: 1999/12/30
Date: 1999-12-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <386AFDA8.7C3110CC@telepath.com>,
  Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:

>      token_list_test.adb:59:07: controlled type must be
>                                 declared at the library level
>
> Surely this isn't saying that all controlled types must be
> declared at the library level?

That's pretty amusing really. The error message says quite
clearly X, and you respond by saying "surely the error
message is not saying X" :-)

Yes, indeed the error message means what it says. The only
problem here is your incredulity :-)

> This is one instance where I'd dearly love to have an LRM
> reference in the error message...

Well perhaps, but really it would serve no purpose except to
confirm that the error message is correct. Perhaps you would
be more willing to believe it if you read it in the RM than
when GNAT tells you clearly :-)

There are various ways to work around this, it is one of the
areas where we have helped several of our supported customers.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.