From: Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org>
Subject: Re: Time Stamping a Program in Ada-95
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 12:11:43 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2012-09-14T12:11:43+00:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:

> > If I ‘compile to listing’ using the “Run – Compile to Listing”
> > facility in Ada-95
>
> Ada 95 has no such facility; you must be talking about one particular
> implementation (i.e. compiler and presumably IDE) of Ada 95.

No, he's a known crank. see sci.crypt and then add him to your killfile

> Since you're a serious cryptologist

It's quite serious, but he's no cryptologist. He's a hapless crank, idiot,
and bullshitter.

>, you must know how easy it is to fake a timestamp.

He knows nothing, and nothing of the kind

For anyone else who's reading this thread, the way timestamps are handled
today is via a trusted third party. They stamp and digitally sign your file
and then you have something that can stand up in court, unlike Ada Cripple's
anything.

> Sure, I do it all the time.  I use monotone and I sign my Debian
> packages with a trusted GPG key.

This doesn't guarantee the time stamp. You can always set your clock to
whatever you like before you sign.

> > If this is not possible to prevent it should be brought to the notice
> > of the powers that be in Ada as a useful security function going
> > begging ??

No, it's something that real cryptographers and serious consumers of
cryptographic services already know how to deal with. There's infrastructure
set up for this already.

You, crank, are an idiot.

> It is possible.  With or without Ada or any compiler.  What I said
> applies also to plain text files containing poetry, if you want.

Yes it does. But he can't write anything.