From: njt@minster.york.ac.uk (Nigel J. Tracey)
Subject: Gnatf Compilation
Date: 1996/11/27
Date: 1996-11-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I am trying to compile a version of gnatf which I can then
modify to use as the front-end anaylsis tool for an
automated test-case data generator for Ada programs,
but I am having a few problems. The source I'm using
is for gnat 3.07 and I'm compiling with gnat 3.07,
gcc 2.7.2 (also tried gcc 2.7.2.1) on linux 2.0.26.

I can compile gnatf fine when I combine it with the
gcc source and follow the instructions on how to build
gnat. I have copied all the various files which are
needed by the gnatfdrv.adb from the gnat distribution
except the oncs which are part of the ada library (e.g.
ada.ads a-charac.ads, etc as these are identical
to those in by /usr/adainclude) to a new directory.

I then compiled this with gnatmake -c gnatdrv.adb
which works fine compiling all the various source files.
I then run the binder and linker adding the few c object
files which are needed.

This all works find and produces the executable
gnatfdrv. Which if I run it outputs the same usage
information as gnatf. However running my version
of gnatfdrv on a ada source file causes it to
raise a constraint and output a message indicating that
a bug has been found (which I know it hasn't because
the real gnatf works fine!)

Using gdb I have found that the error is a constraint
error raised in sem_ch8.new_scope on line 3026.
Can anybody give any help as to why this problem is
occuring or suggest another way in which I might obtain
a abstract syntax tree of the ada source (with all the
semantic information) which I can then walk around
as part of my testing tool.

Any information would be a really big help, I've tried
all I can think of to sort out this problem.
Thanks very much for any help or advice.

Nigel

Nigel J. Tracey MEng, Research Associate (High Integrity Systems Group).
Department of Computer Science,   Office: X/D016
University of York,               Tel   : [0|+44]1904 432769
York, England.                    E-Mail: njt@minster.york.ac.uk
YO1 5DD.                          URL   : http://sv1pc161.cs.york.ac.uk/~njt