From: "C Bass" <cmbass@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: A Text_IO fixes it?
Date: 1999/12/27
Date: 1999-12-27T18:32:57+00:00	[thread overview]

You are probably right. Unfortunately, it is hard to minimize what all it
fixed in the 120k+ lines of code we have for this program. It may have been
the optimization for the GUI code (that seemed to be causing the problems).

The *real* problem is that I am about to leave this job for another and
no-one else there has the knowledge to do what I had intended to do
(re-write the GUI). We have one package that creates all the widgets used,
but that one file is 20,000+ lines long. This is really unnecessary as most
of the code can be written into reusable procedures. But as I said, I am
leaving (soon) and don't have the time to rewrite it. :(

Canada