* Ada Major Mode for Emacs
@ 1996-09-25  0:00 Steve Klasen
From: Steve Klasen @ 1996-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are using the Ada major mode for emacs developed by Karl Nyberg that
works with VADS Ada compilers.  We are using version 1.06.  Is there a
new version?  Or a similar tool?  We are also using version 19.13 of
emacs (yeah, I know thats old too).

Please reply by email.

Thanks.

--

Steve Klasen
HARM Targeting System

* Re: Ada Major Mode for Emacs
@ 1996-09-25  0:00 ` j. doe
From: j. doe @ 1996-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

ada-mode is one of the things you get with emacs-19.30 (and some earlier
versions).  i suggest simply getting emacs-19.34 from mit, building it in
your home directory, and then waiting from the mail from your sysadmin
asking you if you still have the .tar file so that she can build it in the
normal place.  i do not know if the version of ada-mode that comes with the
current emacs is a descendent of the nyberg version or not...

* Re: Ada Major Mode for Emacs
@ 1996-09-25  0:00   ` Chris Morgan
From: Chris Morgan @ 1996-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <s914tkmy33h.fsf@world.std.com> johndoe@world.std.com
(j. doe) writes:

   ada-mode is one of the things you get with emacs-19.30 (and some earlier
   versions).  i suggest simply getting emacs-19.34 from mit, building it in
   your home directory, and then waiting from the mail from your sysadmin
   asking you if you still have the .tar file so that she can build it in the
   normal place.  i do not know if the version of ada-mode that comes with the
   current emacs is a descendent of the nyberg version or not...

Be careful with that advice. Once someone starts looking after GNU
stuff themselves the sysadmin can eaily leave them holding the baby. I
started with one build of emacs and now I maintain all the GNU
software we use. I've learnt a lot but my effort budgets are shot to
pieces :-)

Chris

Chris Morgan                     |email         cm@mihalis.demon.co.uk (home)
http://www.mihalis.demon.co.uk/  |       or chris.morgan@baesema.co.uk (work)

* Re: Ada Major Mode for Emacs
@ 1996-09-25  0:00   ` John McCabe
From: John McCabe @ 1996-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

johndoe@world.std.com (j. doe) wrote:

>ada-mode is one of the things you get with emacs-19.30 (and some earlier
>versions).  i suggest simply getting emacs-19.34 from mit, building it in
>your home directory, and then waiting from the mail from your sysadmin
>asking you if you still have the .tar file so that she can build it in the
>normal place.  i do not know if the version of ada-mode that comes with the
>current emacs is a descendent of the nyberg version or not...

The latest version of Ada-Mode is Version 2.23 by Rolf Ebert. There is
a mailing list at ada-mode-request@inf.enst.fr (I think), but this
needs at least Emacs 19.31. I can't remember if it is a descendant of
Nyberg's version, but it is extremely good and it does containi a
module for use with VADS Ada.

Best Regards
John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk>