* [./] Is Parallel Programming Just Too Hard?
@ 2007-05-29  7:29 Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2007-05-29  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/29/0058246

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: Is Parallel Programming Just Too Hard?
@ 2007-05-29 18:33 ` Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2007-05-29 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 29, 8:29 am, Martin Krischik <krisc...@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/29/0058246

Interesting how it mentions games programmers, having worked in that
industry, I know that games programmers just can't get to grips with
threading/tasking, it is just too hard for them. (Un)fortunately, it's
something that needs to be resolved.

When I started working, where I worked, I added a mouse cursor routine
on a thread, got it working nicely too (considering), and was asked if
it could be turned off in debug build, because when the debugger
kicked it, it didn't always go the correct place (maybe my fault, I
don't know, I'm not that experienced with threads). I just told them,
no. The code didn't stay too long, as the main game was on a (very
heavy) loop and hogged the cpu, the mouse ended up in the loop.

And, yes, they are thick.

Luke.