From: wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu (Bill Wolfe)
Subject: 10-year Ada Language Standard Revision Cycle
Date: 16 Mar 90 18:16:25 GMT	[thread overview]

From comp.std.internat article <9310@shlump.nac.dec.com>,
  by lasko@regent.dec.com (Tim Lasko, Digital Equipment Corp., Westford MA):

> In re the discussion on 5- vs. 10-year cycles, the ISO-IEC rule is "5": From
> the  ISO-IEC Directives Part 1, Procedures for the technical work, clause
> 2.7.1:

% "Every International Standard shall be reviewed at least every five years
% by the technical committee or sub-committee responsible for it, in order to
% decide by a majority vote of the P-members voting whether it should be
% confirmed, revised, or withdrawn."

   I had heard at the Ada 9X discussion at the Eighth Annual National
   Conference on Ada Technology that the next revision would take place
   in TEN years due to 10 years being the standard ISO revision cycle...
   are there any knowledgeable people who could comment?

   (If a five-year cycle is indeed in accordance with the internationally
     accepted and agreed-upon norm, I strongly believe that Ada should be
     on a five-year revision cycle and *NOT* a ten-year revision cycle..)

   Bill Wolfe, wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu