* Ada installation
@ 2001-05-25  5:52 JcSO
From: JcSO @ 2001-05-25  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello there:

i'm running in a SuSE Linux 6.4, with a gcc compiler ver. 2.95.2, well i want to try
use Ada, but i download the 3.13p version, but this have a cpp pre-procesor old
ver 2.8.1, i want know if i run doinstall, not break my gcc installation???

ThX for you response
JcSO

* Re: Ada installation
@ 2001-05-25  9:56 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2001-05-25  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you want to keep your gcc-2.95.2 installation, and also install gnat,
a better solution is to install the rpm files from
http://www.gnuada.org/rpms313p.html
instead of the distribution from nyu.edu.

The gnuada distribution renames the compiler to gnatgcc, so there is
no conflict.

I have been using the gnuada distributions co-exiting with later
gcc installations for several years now, with no problem.

"JcSO" <jcsanchez@unixguru.zzn.com> wrote in message
> Hello there:
>
> i'm running in a SuSE Linux 6.4, with a gcc compiler ver. 2.95.2, well i
want to try
> use Ada, but i download the 3.13p version, but this have a cpp
pre-procesor old
> ver 2.8.1, i want know if i run doinstall, not break my gcc
installation???

> ThX for you response
> JcSO

* Re: Ada installation
@ 2001-05-25 14:07 ` Matt Majka
From: Matt Majka @ 2001-05-25 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

JcSO wrote:

> Hello there:
>
> i'm running in a SuSE Linux 6.4, with a gcc compiler ver. 2.95.2, well i want to try
> use Ada, but i download the 3.13p version, but this have a cpp pre-procesor old
> ver 2.8.1, i want know if i run doinstall, not break my gcc installation???
>
> ThX for you response
> JcSO

Install it in a different location from your 2.95.2 compiler and
everything will be just fine.