From: swhalen@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Running Ada on a Beowolf Cluster
Date: 1999/12/15
Date: 1999-12-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

reason67@my-deja.com wrote:
: I was wondering if there was any mapping of the Ada runtime onto PVM?
: Seems like a good fit.
: ---
: Jeffrey S. Blatt

I haven't found one for PVM or a glade for PVM/MPI, but there are
Ada95 MPI bindings (for MPI version 2 with beta for MPI 3) at:

    http://www.ccg.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~kst/

Dr. Ken Thomas has created the bindings which are still available
from his web page. His bindings would be a good place to start
if you need PVM instead of MPI, and the glade people assured me
that adding PVM or MPI to glade was a manageable task, so you
might want to contact ACT europe about that, if you don't want
to do it yourself. As far as I know, MPI is well supported in
most Beowulf environments, so if you wanted to do some quick
testing, the MPI bindings should help.

Steve

--
                Steve Whalen     swhalen@netcom.com