From: john@assen.demon.co.uk (John McCabe)
Subject: Re: ACVC tests
Date: 1996/05/06
Date: 1996-05-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) wrote:

>John McCabe said

>"When I have some time, or when I can persuade my company to let me, I
>will look at the ACVC tests, but the fact that I haven't so far must
>not exclude me from expressing opinions on the effect of the tests,
>based on the experience I have of using the products that have
>(mysteriously) passed the tests!"

>Ah, that's the point. You don't have this experience, since there are
>no products that have passed the new ACVC 2.1 regression suite yet,
>and so to make judgments based on this kind of anecdotal experience,
>we at least have to get the right anecdotes.

Don't be so pedantic - I was not only referring to the ACVC 2.1 suite.
As someone who is currently mandated to use Ada 83, ACVC 2.1 is
unlikely to have an effect on me until I can persuade the relevant
people in my company that Ada 95 is the way to go. Until then, I
_must_ also take into account ACVC 1.11

>I was not suggesting a thorough review of the tests, just take a look
>at a couple of the new tests, I think you will be surprised by the
>significant difference in style.

I will - when I find time!

Best Regards
John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk>